Signature HealthCARE at Mallard Bay
Signature HealthCARE at Mallard Bay
Cambridge, MD, US, 21613
Signature HealthCARE at Mallard Bay is a 134-bed skilled nursing facility located in the beautiful waterfront town of Cambridge, Maryland. Recently named as one of the top nursing homes in the nation by U.S. News and World Report, our mission is to revolutionize the long term care industry through a culture of resident-centered healthcare services, real quality of life initiatives and resident and team member empowerment. For those residents seeking rehabilitative care, we provide a full range of specialized rehabilitative services including physical, occupational and speech therapies. Our interdisciplinary rehabilitation team including our staff Physiatrist, will develop a treatment plan that best suites the resident’s needs. We provide careful direction, motivation and continuing assessment at a pace responsive to each individual with the goal of achieving maximum independence. Mallard Bay also provides innovative care for those residents with dementia and related cognitive disorders. The Bridge, a structurally distinct, secure part of the nursing home, is designated for residents who may need a smaller, more controlled setting. The Bridge provides the crucial environment needed to assist resident’s with challenging behavioral issues resulting from Dementia and related disorders while allowing our staff to assess problems and find solutions. The ultimate goal of this strategy is to manage and or modify the residents behavior such that the resident can be transitioned to a less restrictive environment in the nursing center or community. Whether you are recovering from a recent hospitalization and require short term rehabilitative care or are in need of long term skilled nursing care, Mallard Bay provides the specialized clinical services necessary to help individuals to achieve their maximal functional ability. Signature HealthCARE at Mallard Bay’s goal is to be a beacon to our residents, families and community.
Signature HealthCARE is a family-based healthcare company that offers integrated services in 10 states across the continuum of care: skilled nursing, rehabilitation, assisted living, memory care, home health, cognitive care, and telemedicine.
A growing number of our centers are earning quality assurance accreditation and pioneering person – directed care. Many of our skilled nursing facilities have achieved a 4 or 5-star overall rating from the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services. Additionally, we have been awarded as a certified Great Place to Work for three years in a row and Modern Healthcare’s “Best Places to Work!”
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
* Meet physical and sensory requirements stated below, and be able to work in the described environment.
* Identify and participate in process improvement initiatives that improve the customer experience, enhance work flow, and/or improve the work environment.
* Assist in the development, organization, and implementation of a program of activities to meet the social, emotional, physical and other therapeutic needs of residents as identified on the resident’s plan of care and within the specified budget.
* Assist in the initiation and promotion of activities both within the facility and outside the facility, as weather permits, ensuring the safety and well being of each resident at all times.
* Coordinate and verify that assistance is provided to residents for activities and events as necessary.
* Provide in room activities for residents who are unable to attend daily events.
* Assist in the creation of an ongoing calendar of activities that creatively meets multiple needs and is accessible and appealing to both men and women of all ages and abilities.
* Consistently maintain standards for activity scheduling and documentation established by policies and regulatory requirements.
* Solicit the involvement of the community (clubs, groups, organizations, agencies, churches, individuals, etc.) when planning facility activities and events.
* Assist in the planning, organizing and directing of the Activity Department fund raising events.
* Maintain detailed records of activity programs and participation of individual residents, identifying progress toward established care plan goals.
* Participate in resident care planning by identifying the activity needs of residents in accordance with the medical assessment.
* Develop and distribute a monthly calendar of events. Provide a copy of the calendar in each resident’s room, and at least one large calendar prominently displayed in the facility.
* Maintain a pictorial scrapbook of activities and events sponsored by the facility during the year.
* Develop and maintain an active volunteer program through marketing, development, support, and organization. Encourage participation by residents, family members, staff, visitors, community groups and individuals. Assign and train volunteers and maintain documentation of volunteer hours. Reward volunteers for service annually and at other special events.
* Train groups of volunteers and students in techniques of recreational therapy.
* Prepare progress notes for medical staff reflecting residents’ reactions and evidence of progress or regression.
* Maintain all activity related records required by regulations and Medical Records – activity assessments, progress notes, and discharge summary.
* Assist the residents with organizing and maintaining active Resident Council. Provide accommodation, assistance, scheduling, and other means to assure that residents have the opportunity to meet a minimum of one time per month. Channel feedback from Resident council to the appropriate facility personnel to insure that resident issues are dealt with in a timely and efficient manner. Document minutes of Resident Council meetings as well as follow-up to any concerns expressed at the meeting.
* Attend in-service education programs in order to meet facility educational requirements.
* Other special projects and duties, as assigned.
* High school diploma or GED required or equivalent related work experience.
* Six (6) months to one (1) year experience or related experience performing activity related duties.
* Willing to enroll in a training course for activities within six (6) months of employment.
* Knowledge of the aging process and various resident activities.
* Ability to assume leadership role in the Activity Department in the absence of the Activity Director.
* Effective verbal and written English communication skills.
* Excellent creative and communication skills.
* Skill at working with individuals who have cognitive, physical or sensory disabilities.
* Practical knowledge of how an Activity Department functions in a nursing facility.
* General knowledge of regulatory requirements for an activity program in a long-term care facility.
* Outstanding interpersonal skills with high level of energy and enthusiasm.
* Experience in working with volunteers and ability to organize and develop volunteer program.
* Ability to communicate at all levels of organization and work well within a team environment in support of company objectives.
* Customer service oriented with the ability to work well under pressure.
* Strong attention to detail and accuracy, excellent organizational skills with ability to prioritize, coordinate and simultaneously maintain multiple projects with high level of quality and productivity.
* Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
* Ability to work with minimal supervision, take initiative and make independent decisions.
* Ability to deal with new tasks without the benefit of written procedures.
* Approachable, flexible and adaptable to change.
* Function independently, and have flexibility, personal integrity, and the ability to work effectively with stakeholders and vendors.
Signature HealthCARE has a vision to radically change the landscape of healthcare forever. It’s more than a corporation… it’s a Revolution. We are currently seeking an innovative and progressive leader to join the mission. Signature HealthCARE (SHC) is an industry leader in post-acute, long term care and rehabilitation services. We operate over 115 locations across 10 states employing over 17,000 Stakeholders (our thoughtful and loving employees).
Our Sacred Six Values of Compassion, Teamwork, Respect, Integrity, Patience and Positivity make this an incredible place to serve and make a difference in the lives of our patients, residents, Stakeholders and communities!
SignatureHealthcare is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran and other protected categories.