Signature HealthCARE of Rockwood Rehab and Wellness Center
Signature HealthCARE of Rockwood Rehab and Wellness Center
Rockwood, TN, US, 37854
Signature HealthCARE of Rockwood Rehab & Wellness Center is a 157-bed facility conveniently located close to Knoxville, Oak Ridge, and Crossville and is only minutes from Interstate 40 near the intersection of Highways 27 and 70. Serenity Health Care presents an industry model of healthcare based on research inspired innovation while advancing Alzheimer’s care or related conditions. We believe in providing extensive education resulting in highly trained caregivers while delivering safe, clinically appropriate medical care. We embrace the physical, mental, and spiritual aspects of each individual in our specially designed, person-centered environment. Giving back to our community is at the core of The Bridge at Rockwood’s foundation. Health fairs, Alzheimer’s support group, health educational classes, blood pressure screenings, community bingo are just a few of the regular events we hold for our community friends. In addition, we are actively involved in the Alzheimer Memory Walk, Relay for Life, Roane County Elder Watch among many other organizations that benefit our wonderful county. Signature HealthCARE of Rockwood Rehab & Wellness Center recognizes, celebrates, and honors those residents who have distinguished themselves by their success through public service, professional accomplishments, community involvement, military service, or personal achievements through our Hall of Fame Cafe induction each year. We’re honored to have received the Innovative Program of the Year award for this unique effort that we began in 2005. More importantly, we’re honored to serve these distinguished individuals, who have achieved greatness in their lives.
Signature HealthCARE is a family-based healthcare company that offers integrated services in 8 states across the continuum of care: skilled nursing, rehabilitation, assisted living, memory care, cognitive care, and telemedicine.
A growing number of our centers are earning quality assurance accreditation and pioneering person – directed care. Many of our skilled nursing facilities have achieved a 4 or 5-star overall rating from the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services. Additionally, we have been awarded as a certified Great Place to Work for three years in a row and Modern Healthcare’s “Best Places to Work!”
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist in the development, organization, and implementation of a program of activities to meet the social, emotional, physical and other therapeutic needs of residents as identified on the resident’s plan of care and within the specified budget.
- Assist in the initiation and promotion of activities both within the facility and outside the facility, as weather permits, ensuring the safety and well being of each resident at all times.
- Coordinate and verify that assistance is provided to residents for activities and events as necessary.
- Provide in room activities for residents who are unable to attend daily events.
- Assist in the creation of an ongoing calendar of activities that creatively meets multiple needs and is accessible and appealing to both men and women of all ages and abilities.
- Consistently maintain standards for activity scheduling and documentation established by policies and regulatory requirements.
- Solicit the involvement of the community (clubs, groups, organizations, agencies, churches, individuals, etc.) when planning facility activities and events.
- Assist in the planning, organizing and directing of the Activity Department fund raising events.
- Maintain detailed records of activity programs and participation of individual residents, identifying progress toward established care plan goals.
- Participate in resident care planning by identifying the activity needs of residents in accordance with the medical assessment.
- Develop and distribute a monthly calendar of events. Provide a copy of the calendar in each resident’s room, and at least one large calendar prominently displayed in the facility.
- Maintain a pictorial scrapbook of activities and events sponsored by the facility during the year.
- Develop and maintain an active volunteer program through marketing, development, support, and organization. Encourage participation by residents, family members, staff, visitors, community groups and individuals. Assign and train volunteers and maintain documentation of volunteer hours. Reward volunteers for service annually and at other special events.
- Train groups of volunteers and students in techniques of recreational therapy.
- Prepare progress notes for medical staff reflecting residents’ reactions and evidence of progress or regression.
- Maintain all activity related records required by regulations and Medical Records – activity assessments, progress notes, and discharge summary.
- Assist the residents with organizing and maintaining active Resident Council. Provide accommodation, assistance, scheduling, and other means to assure that residents have the opportunity to meet a minimum of one time per month. Channel feedback from Resident council to the appropriate facility personnel to insure that resident issues are dealt with in a timely and efficient manner. Document minutes of Resident Council meetings as well as follow-up to any concerns expressed at the meeting.
- Attend in-service education programs in order to meet facility educational requirements.
- Other special projects and duties, as assigned.
- High school diploma or GED required or equivalent related work experience.
- Six (6) months to one (1) year experience or related experience performing activity related duties.
- Willing to enroll in a training course for activities within six (6) months of employment.
- Knowledge of the aging process and various resident activities.
- Ability to assume leadership role in the Activity Department in the absence of the Activity Director.
- Effective verbal and written English communication skills.
- Excellent creative and communication skills.
- Skill at working with individuals who have cognitive, physical or sensory disabilities.
- Practical knowledge of how an Activity Department functions in a nursing facility.
- General knowledge of regulatory requirements for an activity program in a long-term care facility.
- Outstanding interpersonal skills with high level of energy and enthusiasm.
- Experience in working with volunteers and ability to organize and develop volunteer program.
- Ability to communicate at all levels of organization and work well within a team environment in support of company objectives.
- Customer service oriented with the ability to work well under pressure.
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy, excellent organizational skills with ability to prioritize, coordinate and simultaneously maintain multiple projects with high level of quality and productivity.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision, take initiative and make independent decisions.
- Ability to deal with new tasks without the benefit of written procedures.
- Approachable, flexible and adaptable to change.
- Function independently, and have flexibility, personal integrity, and the ability to work effectively with stakeholders and vendors.
Signature HealthCARE has a vision to radically change the landscape of healthcare forever. It’s more than a corporation… it’s a Revolution. We are currently seeking an innovative and progressive leader to join the mission. Signature HealthCARE (SHC) is an industry leader in post-acute, long term care and rehabilitation services. We operate over 75 locations across 8 states employing over 8,500 Stakeholders (our thoughtful and loving employees).
Our Sacred Seven Values of Heroism, Compassion, Teamwork, Respect, Integrity, Patience and Positivity make this an incredible place to serve and make a difference in the lives of our patients, residents, Stakeholders and communities!
SignatureHealthcare is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran and other protected categories.