Silver Angels of Tennessee- Greene, LLC
Silver Angels of Tennessee- Greene, LLC
Greeneville, TN, US,
Come Join Our Team
Area Meal Manager / Delivery Driver
Signature HealthCARE is a family-based healthcare company that offers integrated services in 10 states across the continuum of care: skilled nursing, rehabilitation, assisted living, memory care, home health, cognitive care, and telemedicine.p. A growing number of our centers are earning quality assurance accreditation and pioneering person – directed care. Many of our skilled nursing facilities have achieved a 4 or 5-star overall rating from the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services. Additionally, we have been awarded as a certified Great Place to Work for three years in a row and Modern Healthcare’s “Best Places to Work!”
How you will make a difference
- Supervise, coordinate, and perform Meal Delivery Services under the direction of the Regional Meal Director in
accordance with company and state/federal regulations. Transports and delivers meals to clients. Assist with
promoting a compassionate physical and psychosocial environment for the clients.
How you will spend your time
- Meet physical and sensory requirements stated below, and be able to work in the described environment
- Identify and participate in process improvement initiatives that improve the customer experience, enhance work
flow, and/or improve the work environment.
- Management duties including, but not limited to, hiring, training and developing, coaching and counseling, and
terminating department staff, as deemed necessary.
- Ensure that corrective action is administered fairly and without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual
orientation, national origin, age, disability, marital status, amnesty, or veteran status in accordance with applicable
federal, state and local laws.
- Participate in initial training (orientation) and educate meal delivery workers through ongoing in-service training.
- Ensure planning, preparation, and delivery of meals is complete.
• Develop assignment sheet for tasks and daily schedules for meal delivery workers.
- Review documentation (Meal Delivery Sheet and Time Details).
- Review and approve time sheets of meal delivery workers.
- Recognize client’s ability to make choices and support these within the constraints of care giving environment.
- Visit clients in their homes to review client satisfaction and obtain meal orders.
• Place bulk meal orders via DSSI and maintain meal inventory.
- Assist with marketing meal delivery services to the community via health fairs, etc.
- Orient, educate, supervise, coordinate and evaluate staff about services and efficiency.
• Serve as liaison between meal delivery staff and management.
- Ensure branch’s adherence to all practice standards as they apply.
• Respond to clients’ needs and concerns.
• Participate in the Quality Assurance and Quality Improvement plan processes.
- Package meals, transports meals to clients via personal or company vehicle and delivers meals to client homes.
- Record and track deliveries on Meal Delivery Sheet.
• Utilize proper body mechanics when lifting or transporting meals.
- Take and record food temperatures as required per local and state guidelines.
- Design meal delivery routes to ensure efficiency.
- Attend and participate in Safety Committee Meetings and Monthly Staff Meetings.
- Other special projects and duties, as assigned.
The qualifications you will need
- High school diploma or GED and minimum of two (2) years related experience and one (1) to two (2) years
management/supervisory experience required.
- Valid State Driver’s License with no more than three (3) entries; counting accidents, moving violations, and
failures to appear. All accidents are counted, regardless of fault. (Note: Convictions for DUI/DWI, refusal to test,
reckless driving, hit and run or other felony convictions are unacceptable and disqualify the driver from driving
on behalf of the facility regardless of the number of MVR entries.) Verification of automobile insurance.
- Effective verbal and written English communication skills.
- Highest level of professionalism with the ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Ability to communicate at all levels of organization and work well within a team environment in support of
- Customer service oriented with the ability to work well under pressure.
• Strong attention to detail and accuracy, excellent organizational skills with ability to prioritize, coordinate and
simultaneously maintain multiple projects with high level of quality and productivity.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
• Ability to work with minimal supervision, take initiative and make independent decisions.
- Ability to deal with new tasks without the benefit of written procedures.
- Approachable, flexible and adaptable to change.
• Function independently, and have flexibility, personal integrity, and the ability to work effectively with
stakeholders and vendors.
Your work environment
- You’ll work mostly indoors on floors that are tiled or carpeted.
- You’ll be around other co-workers, residents and their guests.
- You’ll have possible exposure to occasional slippery floors, chemicals, sharp objects, and hazardous materials
and waste (including human), blood borne pathogens, and communicable diseases.
- You’ll be around possible high-stress medical and/or life threatening situations.
Physical and Sensory requirements
- This role requires moderate physical activity.
- Requires heavy physical work; heavy lifting, pushing, or pulling required of objects up to fifty (50) or more
- Push, pull, move, and/or lift a minimum of fifty (50) pounds to a minimum height of three (3) feet and be able
to push, pull, move, and/or carry such weight a minimum distance of fifty (50) feet.
- Standing and/or walking for more than two (2) hours per day.
• Bending and/or stooping for more than one (1) hour at a time.
- Sitting for more than two (2) hours at a time.
- Repetitive gripping for more than two (2) hours per day.
- Requires writing and/or computer work with repetitive typing and concentrating on computer screen and/or
documents for more than two (2) hours at a time