Signature HealthCARE at Mallard Bay
Signature HealthCARE at Mallard Bay
Cambridge, MD, US, 21613
Signature HealthCARE at Mallard Bay is a 134-bed skilled nursing facility located in the beautiful waterfront town of Cambridge, Maryland. Recently named as one of the top nursing homes in the nation by U.S. News and World Report, our mission is to revolutionize the long term care industry through a culture of resident-centered healthcare services, real quality of life initiatives and resident and team member empowerment. For those residents seeking rehabilitative care, we provide a full range of specialized rehabilitative services including physical, occupational and speech therapies. Our interdisciplinary rehabilitation team including our staff Physiatrist, will develop a treatment plan that best suites the resident’s needs. We provide careful direction, motivation and continuing assessment at a pace responsive to each individual with the goal of achieving maximum independence. Mallard Bay also provides innovative care for those residents with dementia and related cognitive disorders. The Bridge, a structurally distinct, secure part of the nursing home, is designated for residents who may need a smaller, more controlled setting. The Bridge provides the crucial environment needed to assist resident’s with challenging behavioral issues resulting from Dementia and related disorders while allowing our staff to assess problems and find solutions. The ultimate goal of this strategy is to manage and or modify the residents behavior such that the resident can be transitioned to a less restrictive environment in the nursing center or community. Whether you are recovering from a recent hospitalization and require short term rehabilitative care or are in need of long term skilled nursing care, Mallard Bay provides the specialized clinical services necessary to help individuals to achieve their maximal functional ability. Signature HealthCARE at Mallard Bay’s goal is to be a beacon to our residents, families and community.
Signature HealthCARE is a family-based healthcare company that offers integrated services in 10 states across the continuum of care: skilled nursing, rehabilitation, assisted living, memory care, home health, cognitive care, and telemedicine.
A growing number of our centers are earning quality assurance accreditation and pioneering person – directed care. Many of our skilled nursing facilities have achieved a 4 or 5-star overall rating from the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services. Additionally, we have been awarded as a certified Great Place to Work for three years in a row and Modern Healthcare’s “Best Places to Work!”
Are you looking for a little more creativity, challenge, and growth opportunity in your workday? Didn’t think it was possible? Might be time to reconsider.
At Signature HealthCARE, our team members are permitted – no, encouraged – to employ their talents and abilities to solve problems. Our culture is built on three distinct pillars: Learning, Spirituality and Intra-preneurship. But this isn’t just hollow corporate sloganeering. Each pillar has its own staff and initiatives, ensuring that our unique culture permeates the entire organization.
Oh, by the way, we’re an elder care company. Our mission? To radically change the landscape of long-term care forever.
We’re currently hiring for the position of Certified Medication Aide.
Essential Duties Responsibilities:
* Accurately and safely prepare, administer, and document the oral and/or topical medications that are commonly used in this facility and that may be ordered for resident use.
* Ensure that no medication is administered without a written, signed and dated order from an attending licensed physician.
* Verify the identity of the resident before administering the medication/treatment.
* Verify that prescribed medication for one resident is not administered to another.
* Observe and verify that medication is ingested or applied, as directed.
* Document any instance where prescribed medication is not administered, including reason(s) for refusal.
* Assist with medication charting as directed by the Nurse Supervisor/Charge Nurse, as directed.
* Current Medication Aide Certification or Current Nursing Assistant Certification from state.
* Must have a current/active CPR certification.
* Strong attention to detail and accuracy, excellent organizational skills with ability to prioritize, coordinate and simultaneously maintain multiple projects with high level of quality and productivity.
Signature HealthCARE is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran and other protected categories.