Prospect, KY, US, 40059
Signature HealthCARE Hallmark House has
Weekend Activities Assistant
opportunities at our Personal Care Community in Prospect, KY.
Current Open Positions:
Weekends (Saturday Sunday) from 9a-5p:
Contact us at (502) 290-6706 for more information!:
How you will make a difference:
* To assist the Activities Director in the planning, organizing, and directing of a program of activities, which provides opportunity for entertainment, exercise, relaxation, and expression and fulfills basic psychological, social, and spiritual needs to all residents of the facility.
* Assist the physically, emotionally, and cognitively impaired individual and their families in the exploration of appropriate avocation/leisure pursuits.
How you will spend your time:
* Meet physical and sensory requirements stated below and be able to work in the described environment.
* Identify and participate in process improvement initiatives that improve the customer experience, enhance workflow, and/or improve the work environment.
* Assist in the development, organization, and implementation of a program of activities to meet the social, emotional, physical, and other therapeutic needs of residents as identified on the resident’s plan of care and within the specified budget.
* Assist in the initiation and promotion of activities both within the facility and outside the facility, as weather permits, ensuring the safety and wellbeing of each resident at all times.
* Coordinate and verify that assistance is provided to residents for activities and events as necessary.
* Provide in room activities for residents who are unable to attend daily events.
* Assist in the creation of an ongoing calendar of activities that creatively meets multiple needs and is accessible and appealing to both men and women of all ages and abilities.
* Consistently maintain standards for activity scheduling and documentation established by policies and regulatory requirements.
* Assist with soliciting the involvement of the community (clubs, groups, organizations, agencies, churches, individuals, etc.) when planning facility activities and events.
* Assist in the planning, organizing, and directing of the Activity Department fund raising events.
* Maintain detailed records of activity programs and participation of individual residents, identifying progress toward established care plan goals.
* Participate in resident care planning by identifying the activity needs of residents in accordance with the medical assessment.
* Develop and distribute a monthly calendar of events, providing a copy of the calendar in each resident’s room, and at least one large calendar prominently displayed in the facility.
* Maintain a pictorial scrapbook of activities and events sponsored by the facility during the year.
* Assist with the development of an active volunteer program through marketing, development, support, and organization.
* Encourage participation by residents, family members, staff, visitors, community groups and individuals.
* Assist with the documentation of volunteer hours.
* Reward volunteers for service annually and at other special events.
* Help train groups of volunteers and students in techniques of recreational therapy.
* Prepare progress notes for medical staff reflecting residents’ reactions and evidence of progress or regression.
* Maintain all activity related records required by regulations and Medical Records – activity assessments, progress notes, and discharge summary.
* Assist the residents with organizing and maintaining active Resident Council.
* Provide accommodation, assistance, scheduling, and other means to assure that residents have the opportunity to meet a minimum of one time per month.
* Attend in-service education programs in order to meet facility educational requirements.
* Other special projects and duties, as assigned.
The qualifications you will need:
* High school diploma or GED required or equivalent related work experience.
* Six (6) months to one (1) year experience or related experience performing activity related duties.
* Effective verbal and written English communication skills.
* Skilled at working with individuals who have cognitive, physical, or sensory disabilities.
* Practical knowledge of how an Activity Department functions in a nursing facility.
* General knowledge of regulatory requirements for an activity program in a long-term care facility.
* Experience in working with volunteers and ability to assist with organizing volunteer program, preferred.
* Ability to communicate at all levels of organization and work well within a team environment in support of company objectives.
* Customer service oriented with the ability to work well under pressure.
* Strong attention to detail and accuracy, excellent organizational skills with ability to prioritize, coordinate and simultaneously maintain multiple projects with high level of quality and productivity.
* Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
* Ability to work with minimal supervision, take initiative and make independent decisions.
* Ability to deal with new tasks without the benefit of written procedures.
* Approachable, flexible, and adaptable to change.
* Function independently, and have flexibility, personal integrity, and the ability to work effectively with stakeholders and vendors.
Your work environment:
* You’ll work mostly indoors on floors that are tiled or carpeted.
* You’ll be around other co-workers, residents, and their guests.
* You’ll have possible exposure to occasional slippery floors, chemicals, sharp objects, and hazardous materials and waste (including human), blood borne pathogens, and communicable diseases.
* You’ll be around possible high-stress medical and/or life-threatening situations.
Physical and Sensory requirements:
* This role requires moderate physical activity.
* Requires handling of average-weight objects up to twenty-five (50) pounds.
* Sitting for more than two (2) hours at a time.
* Requires writing and/or computer work with repetitive typing and concentrating on computer screen and/or documents for more than two (2) hours at a time.
* Standing and/or walking for more than eight (8) hours per day.
* Bending and/or stooping for more than four (4) hours at a time.
Signature HealthCARE is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran and other protected categories.