Prospect, KY, US, 40059
Administrator Opportunity available at the Hallmark House!:
We are searching for an innovative and entrepreneurial leader to serve as our
Hallmark House Administrator.:
Successful candidates should have Assisted Living/Personal Care Facility related experience and 1-2 years management/supervisory experience in leadership level roles.
A Nursing Home Administrator license is preferred but not required, depending on experience.:
Signature HealthCARE is a family-based healthcare company that offers integrated services in 10 states across the continuum of care: skilled nursing, rehabilitation, assisted living, memory care, home health, cognitive care, and telemedicine.
A growing number of our centers are earning quality assurance accreditation and pioneering person – directed care. Many of our skilled nursing facilities have achieved a 4 or 5-star overall rating from the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services. Additionally, we have been awarded as a certified Great Place to Work for three years in a row and Modern Healthcare’s “Best Places to Work!”
Signature HealthCARE is an industry leader in post-acute, long term care and rehabilitation services. We operate over 115 locations across 10 states employing over 17,000 Stakeholders (our thoughtful and loving employees).
Our Sacred Six Values of Compassion, Teamwork, Respect, Integrity, Patience and Positivity make this an incredible place to serve and make a difference in the lives of our patients, residents, Stakeholders and communities!
At Signature HealthCARE, our team members are permitted – no, encouraged – to employ their talents and abilities to solve problems. Our culture is built on three distinct pillars: Learning, Spirituality and Intra-preneurship. But this isn’t just hollow corporate sloganeering. Each pillar has its own staff and initiatives, ensuring that our unique culture permeates the entire organization.
Oh, by the way, we’re an elder care company. Our mission? To radically change the landscape of long-term care forever.
How you will make a difference:
* Lead and direct the overall operations of the facility in accordance with customer needs, government regulations and Company policies, with focus on maintaining excellent care for the residents while achieving the facility’s business objectives.
How you will spend your time:
* Meet the physical and sensory requirements stated below and be able to work in the described environment.
* Identify and participate in process improvement initiatives that improve the customer experience, enhance work flow, and/or improve the work environment.
* Management duties including, but not limited to, hiring, training and developing, coaching and counseling, and terminating department staff, as deemed necessary.
* Ensure that all employment practices are administered fairly and without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, marital status, amnesty, or veteran status in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws.
* Verify that the building and grounds are maintained appropriately, and that equipment and work areas are clean, safe and orderly, and any hazardous conditions are addressed.
* Monitor “Data Points” and address issues that affect performance of the facility.
* Lead the facility management staff and consultants in developing and working from a business plan that focuses on all aspects of facility operations, including setting priorities and job assignments.
* Monitor each department’s activities, communicate policies, evaluate performance, provide feedback and assist, observe, coach, and discipline as needed.
* Develop an environment that allows for creative thinking, problem solving, and empowerment in the development of a facility management team.
* Oversee regular rounds to monitor delivery of nursing care, operation of support departments, cleanliness and appearance of the facility; morale of the staff; and ensure resident needs are being addressed.
* Exhibit positive customer service – both to internal and external customers.
* Utilize survey information, in addition to other source documents, to address areas of importance as defined by our customers.
* Responsible for the QA (Quality Assurance) program.
* Maintain a working knowledge of and confirm compliance with all governmental regulations.
* Monitor Human Resources practices to verify compliance with employment laws and company policies, and to confirm practices that maintain high morale and staff retention to include effective communication, prompt problem resolution, proactive supervisory practices and maintaining a proactive work environment.
* Manage turnover and solidify current and future staffing through development of recruiting sources, and through appropriate selection, orientation, training, staff education and development.
* Assist in the recruitment and selection of competent department managers, supervisors, and other auxiliary personnel.
* Consult with department managers concerning the operation of their departments to assist in eliminating/correcting problem areas, and/or improvement of services.
* Recognize Stakeholders for exceptional care and job performance on a regular basis and as part of their performance evaluations.
* Manage facility budgets and business practices to include labor costs, payables and receivables.
* Monitor business activities to be certain procedures and standards are followed, appropriate handling of funds and that sound credible business practices are followed at all times.
* Communicate budget guidelines and expectations to Department Managers.
* Develop and implement a marketing strategy for the facility that reflects service opportunities, competition, potential market area changes, and which maximizes census, payor mix and ancillary revenues.
* Lead and monitor Stakeholders to play an active role in carrying out the marketing plan.
* Take initiative in evaluation, development and implementation of new business opportunities that meet the needs of the community and benefit the Company.
* Develop positive relationships on behalf of the Company with government regulators, residents, families, other area health care providers, physicians and community at large.
* Act as a resource of information to the community related to health care issues.
* Provide guidance and leadership throughout the AHCA survey process to ensure state regulations are met and adhered to.
* Attend or complete in-service education programs and/or CEUs in order to meet facility and licensure educational requirements.
* Other special projects and duties, as assigned.
The qualifications you will need:
* Current/active state Nursing Home Administrator license, preferred.
* Current/active Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA) License or obtained within one (1) year after date of hire, unless currently an active licensed clinician in the state.
* Minimum of three (3) years related experience and one (1) to two (2) years management/supervisory experience.
* Effective verbal and written English communication skills.
* Demonstrated intermediate to advanced skills in Microsoft Word, Excel, Power Point and Outlook, Internet and Intranet navigation.
* Highest level of professionalism with the ability to maintain confidentiality.
* Ability to communicate at all levels of organization and work well within a team environment in support of company objectives.
* Customer service oriented with the ability to work well under pressure.
* Strong attention to detail and accuracy, excellent organizational skills with ability to prioritize, coordinate and simultaneously maintain multiple projects with high level of quality and productivity.
* Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
* Ability to work with minimal supervision, take initiative and make independent decisions.
* Ability to deal with new tasks without the benefit of written procedures.
* Approachable, flexible and adaptable to change.
* Function independently, and have flexibility, personal integrity, and the ability to work effectively with stakeholders and vendors.
Your work environment:
* You’ll work mostly indoors on floors that are tiled or carpeted.
* You’ll be around other co-workers, residents and their guests.
* You’ll have possible exposure to occasional slippery floors, chemicals, sharp objects, and hazardous materials and waste (including human), blood borne pathogens, and communicable diseases.
* You’ll be around possible high-stress medical and/or life-threatening situations.:
Signature HealthCARE is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran and other protected categories.: