Nashville, TN, US, 37218
MDS Float/Clinical Reimbursement Specialist
full time opportunities available to Registered Nurse (RN) Now!
This position includes extensive travel, covering multiple states and locations,
in Tennessee and other states as assigned.
We require three (3) plus years experience as an
RN-MDS Coordinator in the long-term care setting
with Regional/multi-site MDS experience strongly preferred.
Apply online for further consideration and review.
You can upload your resume here or send directly, email@example.com
Questions? Call/text Lisa at 502-438-0484
Thank you for your interest!::
Signature HealthCARE is a family-based healthcare company that offers integrated services in 10 states across the continuum of care: skilled nursing, rehabilitation, assisted living, memory care, home health, cognitive care, and telemedicine.
A growing number of our centers are earning quality assurance accreditation and pioneering person – directed care. Many of our skilled nursing facilities have achieved a 4 or 5-star overall rating from the Centers for Medicare Medicaid Services. Additionally, we have been awarded as a certified Great Place to Work for three years in a row and Modern Healthcare’s “Best Places to Work!”
Signature HealthCARE has a vision to radically change the landscape of healthcare forever. It’s more than a corporation… it’s a Revolution. We are currently seeking an innovative and progressive leader to join the mission as our MDS Float.
We’re currently hiring for the position MDS Float:
How you will make a difference:
* Exhibit knowledge and skills necessary to collaborate with the Clinical Reimbursement Specialists to provide MDS coverage for open positions, educate and implement programs that apply to the Resident Assessment Instrument (RAI), Prospective Payment Systems (PPS), Quality Measures (QM’s), Medicaid Casemix and Medicare guidelines for all SHC stakeholders.
How you will spend your time:
* Meet the physical and sensory requirements stated below and be able to work in the described environment.
* Identify and participate in process improvement initiatives that improve the customer experience, enhance work flow, and/or improve the work environment.
* Exhibit competency in all areas of the RAI, Care Planning, PPS, Medicare, and when applicable Medicaid Case Mix.
* Report systems and processes that are not conducive to the customer experience, does not enhance work flow, and/or does not promote positive facility outcomes.
* Function as an MDSC in a facility with vacancy or upon request with approval from the Clinical Reimbursement Director or designee.
* Assist and collaborate with Clinical Reimbursement Specialist with onboarding of new MDSC.
* Report MDSC progress to Administrator, DON, and Director of Reimbursement in a timely manner.
* Assist the Clinical Reimbursement Specialist to educate the facility MDSC(s) and Interdisciplinary Team members regarding accurate and timely completion of the MDS, CAA’s, and Care Plan.
* Assist the Clinical Reimbursement Specialist to educate the facility MDSC(s) and Interdisciplinary Team members regarding Medicare PPS and Medicare Guidelines; Medicaid in states that utilize the MDS/RUG process as a basis for payment.
* Support initiatives to improve facility processes and systems and assist facilities in implementing these initiatives in a manner that upholds the integrity of the initiative, but meets the needs of the individual facility.
* Other special projects and duties, as assigned.
The qualifications you will need:
* Current licensure as a Registered Nurse with ability to obtain multi-state licensures.
* Minimum of five (5) years MDS experience in a long term care setting.
* Eighty to ninety percent (80% – 90%) travel with overnight stays.
* Effective verbal and written English communication skills.
* Demonstrated intermediate to advanced skills in Microsoft Word, Excel, Power Point and Outlook, Internet and Intranet navigation.
* Highest level of professionalism with the ability to maintain confidentiality.
* Ability to communicate at all levels of organization and work well within a team environment in support of company objectives.
* Customer service oriented with the ability to work well under pressure.
* Strong attention to detail and accuracy, excellent organizational skills with ability to prioritize, coordinate and simultaneously maintain multiple projects with high level of quality and productivity.
* Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
* Ability to work with minimal supervision, take initiative and make independent decisions.
* Ability to deal with new tasks without the benefit of written procedures.
* Approachable, flexible and adaptable to change.
* Function independently, and have flexibility, personal integrity, and the ability to work effectively with stakeholders and vendors.
Your work environment:
* You’ll work mostly indoors on floors that are tiled or carpeted.
* You’ll be around other co-workers, residents and their guests.
* You’ll have possible exposure to occasional slippery floors, chemicals, sharp objects, and hazardous materials and waste (including human), blood borne pathogens, and communicable diseases.
* You’ll be around possible high-stress medical and/or life-threatening situations.
Signature HealthCARE is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran and other protected categories.