Signature Healthcare Medical Partners
Signature Healthcare Medical Partners
New Port Richey, FL, US, 34653
Join our SHC Medical Partners Team in a Nurse Practitioner role
in the New Port Richey, FL area!
We are looking for NPs with 1+ years experience and a current DEA license.:
This is a full time, 5 day a week position.:
Come join our Medical Partners Team!
Signature HealthCARE is a family-based healthcare company that offers integrated services in 10 states across the continuum of care: skilled nursing, rehabilitation, assisted living, memory care, home health, cognitive care, and telemedicine.
A growing number of our centers are earning quality assurance accreditation and pioneering person – directed care. Many of our skilled nursing facilities have achieved a 4 or 5-star overall rating from the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services. Additionally, we have been awarded as a certified Great Place to Work for three years in a row and Modern Healthcare’s “Best Places to Work!”
Under the general supervision of the VP of Clinical Operations, plan, direct, and evaluate patient medical care. Examine and treat chronic and urgent episodic illnesses, minor injuries, accidents, and other injuries/ illnesses. Perform selected laboratory testing, referrals to physicians, as needed, write prescriptions, and perform procedures within the scope of expertise, protocols and available equipment. Work in collaboration with the facility’s medical director, attending physicians and other care providers to provide care and treatment services for all patients.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Customer Service: Provide exceptional customer service:
* Consistently demonstrate a high level of Emotional Intelligence (EI), as well as utilize Predictive Index (PI) knowledge to improve working relationships.
* Maintain open communications with patients, families and/or responsible parties, facility staff and attending physicians.
* Visible and available to customers within a variation of the hours of 6:00AM to 8:00PM on assigned work days.
* Maintain confidentiality and upholds highest level of professionalism.
* Communicate at all levels of organization and work well within a team environment in support of company objectives.
* Work well under pressure.
Quality Service: Practice medicine in alignment with evidence-based medical recommendations, regulatory requirements and formularies:
* Schedule initial and follow-up visits, as needed, and aligned with AMDA White Paper on Medical Necessity Guidelines and Federal Guidelines.
* Collaborate with interdisciplinary care providers and facility staff to identify patients’ proactive medical needs and help develop an appropriate plan of care.
* Confer with patients and their family and/or responsible parties regarding the patient’s status.
* Perform with attention to detail and accuracy.
* Perform work with minimal supervision, takes initiative and makes independent decisions.
Medical Service: Perform services within Scope of Practice:
* Perform procedures within the scope of expertise, protocols and available equipment.
* Confer with patients’ attending and consulting physicians, as needed.
* Evaluate new patients upon admission to the facility or other locations of practice.
* Assess patients prior to discharge from facility or other location of practice to home or other place of residence.
* Attend to patients for selected physical examination, diagnosis and treatment of both chronic diseases and urgent episodic illnesses and injuries.
* Adhere to the after hour on-call agreement between SHC Medical Partners and customer, if applicable.
Business Service: Achieve daily minimum Patient Care Ratio (PCR) target:
* Maintain an appointment calendar.
* Attain a minimum of 85% of daily time providing medical care.
* Provide excellent organizational skills that prioritize resident care as a priority.
Administrative Service: Perform required administrative duties in a timely and accurate manner:
* Obtain and submit to billing department complete financial information for residents upon initial encounter, if applicable.
* Submit Daily Activity Log to billing department per protocol and by deadline.
* Adhere to compliance of company Quality Measures per Performance Based Compensation Plan.
* Monitor and read email, at least twice a day.
* Other special projects and duties, as assigned.
* Successful completion of an approved Nurse Practitioner or Physician Assistant program.
* Master’s degree in Nursing (MSN) required for Nurse Practitioners; no master’s degree required for Physician Assistant.
* Maintain in good standing current state license and national certification for NP/PA.
* If NP, must be licensed as a Registered Nurse in good standing with current state license in state employed, if applicable.
* Must have a current/active CPR certification.
* Effective verbal and written English communication skills.
* Demonstrated intermediate to advanced skills in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook, Internet and Intranet navigations.
* Demonstrated skills in Electronic Medical Records.
* Ability to deal with new tasks without the benefit of written procedures.
* Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
* Approachable, flexible and adaptable to change.
Signature HealthCARE is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran and other protected categories.