Signature HealthCARE Center of Waterford
Signature HealthCARE Center of Waterford
Hialeah, FL, US, 33016
PERSONAL CARE ATTENDANT (PCA):
Bilingual- English/Spanish required
We are looking for people with a passion for taking care of people and the commitment to becoming a Certified CNA.
We will assist you with the training to help you achieve your goals!
Must be working towards obtaining your CNA from the State, you will have 4 months from date of hire.
Once you complete the training and pass the test you will then transition with us to a Certified CNA.
* Perform support and assistance to nursing personnel while learning to become a CNA
* Provide personal care (i.e., grooming, bathing, dressing, oral care, etc.) of residents daily and as needed.:
Please contact Suzanne Sword – Director of Talent Acquisition Consultant Text 615-668-3621 or email Suzanne.Sword@gigcsllc.comPLEASE APPLY shccenterofwaterford.hcshiring.com:
As a patient at one of Signature HealthCARE’s Excelerated CARE centers, we know you don’t plan on staying with us for long. So while you’re here, we will work to offer you top-notch clinical and rehabilitative care, help you enjoy your stay and get you back where you want to be home as quickly as possible. Signature HealthCARE Center of Waterford, an award-winning skilled nursing facility, is a 214-bed facility located in the South Florida community of Hialeah Gardens. In 2012, Waterford launched the new transitional care unit, Excelerated Care, aimed to provide care for medically complex patients following a hospital stay. Its numerous tributes include Excellence in Action Award, Medicare’s Champion Award (for pain management), America’s Top Nursing Home by the Consumer Research Council, Decade of Excellence Award by Agency for Health Care Administration (AHCA), and 5 star rating by AHCA. Waterford’s impeccable leadership, dedicated staff, physician involvement, clinical and rehabilitative services, and community involvement make Signature HealthCARE proud to showcase this exceptional community, learn from it, and expand on it for the good of the entire long-term care industry. What sets the Waterford Rehab and Nursing Center’s Rehabilitation Program apart from our competitors? We offer speech, occupational, and physical therapy services 7 days per week in both in-patient and out-patient settings. The combined efforts of physical, occupational, and speech therapies with restorative nursing, social services, and sound medical direction provide interdisciplinary support for great rehabilitation success. In addition, we provide complimentary transportation for out-patient rehab patients and for physician appointments.
Signature HealthCARE is a family-based healthcare company that offers integrated services in 10 states across the continuum of care: skilled nursing, rehabilitation, assisted living, memory care, home health, cognitive care, and telemedicine.
A growing number of our centers are earning quality assurance accreditation and pioneering person – directed care. Many of our skilled nursing facilities have achieved a 4 or 5-star overall rating from the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services. Additionally, we have been awarded as a certified Great Place to Work for three years in a row and Modern Healthcare’s “Best Places to Work!”
How you will make a difference:
* Perform support and assistance to nursing personnel and assist with promoting a compassionate physical and psychosocial environment for the residents.
How you will spend your time:
* Provide personal care (i.e., grooming, bathing, dressing, oral care, etc.) of residents daily and as needed.
* Change bed linen and maintain appropriate grooming supplies in resident room on a regular basis.
* Assist with ambulating and transferring of residents, utilizing appropriate assistive devices and body mechanics.
* Routinely turn and position residents, as necessary.
* Observe residents carefully and report changes in condition to Charge Nurse.
* Recognize a resident’s ability to make choices and support these within the constraints of the care giving environment.
* Participate in collecting data needed for the accurate completion of the MDS and the plan of care. Provide input to the nurses for development of the plan of care.
* Provide adequate hydration to residents at regular intervals each day according to specific resident needs.
* Prepare residents for each meal and transport to dining room (unless a bed patient) making sure that food tray is accessible, self-help devices are available (if needed), and assistance is provided to those residents who cannot feed themselves.
* Keep an accurate record of food intake and output, as directed.
* Maintain established housekeeping standards within assigned duty areas.
* Assist nursing staff with the basics of aseptic and sterile techniques to avoid infection of residents and self-contamination of equipment and supplies.
* Be alert for proper ventilation, temperature, light and noise control.
* Promptly answer call lights and assist with other resident needs.
* Utilize proper body mechanics when lifting or transporting residents.
* Meet physical and sensory requirements stated below and be able to work in the described environment.
* Identify and participate in process improvement initiatives that improve the customer experience, enhance work flow, and/or improve the work environment.
* Other special projects and duties, as assigned.
The qualifications you will need:
* Must meet minimum age requirements of 18yrs
* Effective verbal and written English communication skills.
* Highest level of professionalism with the ability to maintain confidentiality.
* Ability to communicate at all levels of organization and work well within a team environment in support of company objectives.
* Customer service oriented with the ability to work well under pressure.
* Strong attention to detail and accuracy, excellent organizational skills with ability to prioritize, coordinate and simultaneously maintain multiple projects with high level of quality and productivity.
* Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
* Ability to work with minimal supervision, take initiative and make independent decisions.
* Ability to deal with new tasks without the benefit of written procedures.
* Approachable, flexible and adaptable to change.
* Function independently, and have flexibility, personal integrity, and the ability to work effectively with stakeholders and vendors.
Your work environment:
* You’ll work mostly indoors on floors that are tiled or carpeted.
* You’ll be around other co-workers, residents and their guests.
* You’ll have possible exposure to occasional slippery floors, chemicals, sharp objects, and hazardous materials and waste (including human), blood borne pathogens, and communicable diseases.
* You’ll be around possible high-stress medical and/or life threatening situations.
Physical and Sensory requirements:
* This role requires considerable physical activity.
* Requires heavy physical work; heavy lifting, pushing, or pulling required of objects up to fifty (50) or more pounds. Physical work is a primary part (more than 70%) of job.
* Push, pull, move, and/or lift a minimum of fifty (50) pounds to a minimum height of three (3) feet and be able to push, pull, move, and/or carry such weight a minimum distance of fifty (50) feet.
* Standing and/or walking for more than four (4) hours per day.
* Bending and/or stooping for more than one (1) hour at a time
SignatureHealthcare is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran and other protected categories.