Sunrise Manor Nursing Home
Sunrise Manor Nursing Home
Hodgenville, KY, US, 42748
This is a role to help obtain CNA certification. Night shift.
Please apply online for further consideration.
Sunrise Manor, established in 1967, is a 137-bed facility that offers skilled, semi-skilled, rehab and Alzheimer care to local residents. We offer physical, occupational, and speech therapy services, in addition to other specialty care needs. An in-house beauty shop and good old home cooking are part of the amenities offered in this home-like setting. Innovative activity and social programs, such as Sunrise’s own segment of the Red Hat Society, help to keep life exciting through all ages. Call us today or schedule a tour and see if Sunrise Manor is the right for you or your loved one!
Signature HealthCARE is a family-based healthcare company that offers integrated services in 10 states across the continuum of care: skilled nursing, rehabilitation, assisted living, memory care, home health, cognitive care, and telemedicine.
A growing number of our centers are earning quality assurance accreditation and pioneering person – directed care. Many of our skilled nursing facilities have achieved a 4 or 5-star overall rating from the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services. Additionally, we have been awarded as a certified Great Place to Work for three years in a row and Modern Healthcare’s “Best Places to Work!”
How you will make a difference:
* Perform support and assistance to nursing personnel and assist with promoting a compassionate physical and psychosocial environment for the residents.
How you will spend your time:
* Provide personal care (i.e., grooming, bathing, dressing, oral care, etc.) of residents daily and as needed.
* Change bed linen and maintain appropriate grooming supplies in resident room on a regular basis.
* Assist with ambulating and transferring of residents, utilizing appropriate assistive devices and body mechanics.
* Routinely turn and position residents, as necessary.
* Observe residents carefully and report changes in condition to Charge Nurse.
* Recognize a resident’s ability to make choices and support these within the constraints of the care giving environment.
* Participate in collecting data needed for the accurate completion of the MDS and the plan of care. Provide input to the nurses for development of the plan of care.
* Provide adequate hydration to residents at regular intervals each day according to specific resident needs.
* Prepare residents for each meal and transport to dining room (unless a bed patient) making sure that food tray is accessible, self-help devices are available (if needed), and assistance is provided to those residents who cannot feed themselves.
* Keep an accurate record of food intake and output, as directed.
* Maintain established housekeeping standards within assigned duty areas.
* Assist nursing staff with the basics of aseptic and sterile techniques to avoid infection of residents and self-contamination of equipment and supplies.
* Be alert for proper ventilation, temperature, light and noise control.
* Promptly answer call lights and assist with other resident needs.
* Utilize proper body mechanics when lifting or transporting residents.
* Meet physical and sensory requirements stated below and be able to work in the described environment.
* Identify and participate in process improvement initiatives that improve the customer experience, enhance work flow, and/or improve the work environment.
* Other special projects and duties, as assigned.
The qualifications you will need:
* Must meet minimum age requirements of 18yrs
* Effective verbal and written English communication skills.
* Highest level of professionalism with the ability to maintain confidentiality.
* Ability to communicate at all levels of organization and work well within a team environment in support of company objectives.
* Customer service oriented with the ability to work well under pressure.
* Strong attention to detail and accuracy, excellent organizational skills with ability to prioritize, coordinate and simultaneously maintain multiple projects with high level of quality and productivity.
* Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
* Ability to work with minimal supervision, take initiative and make independent decisions.
* Ability to deal with new tasks without the benefit of written procedures.
* Approachable, flexible and adaptable to change.
* Function independently, and have flexibility, personal integrity, and the ability to work effectively with stakeholders and vendors.
Your work environment:
* You’ll work mostly indoors on floors that are tiled or carpeted.
* You’ll be around other co-workers, residents and their guests.
* You’ll have possible exposure to occasional slippery floors, chemicals, sharp objects, and hazardous materials and waste (including human), blood borne pathogens, and communicable diseases.
* You’ll be around possible high-stress medical and/or life threatening situations.
Physical and Sensory requirements:
* This role requires considerable physical activity.
* Requires heavy physical work; heavy lifting, pushing, or pulling required of objects up to fifty (50) or more pounds. Physical work is a primary part (more than 70%) of job.
* Push, pull, move, and/or lift a minimum of fifty (50) pounds to a minimum height of three (3) feet and be able to push, pull, move, and/or carry such weight a minimum distance of fifty (50) feet.
* Standing and/or walking for more than four (4) hours per day.
* Bending and/or stooping for more than one (1) hour at a time
SignatureHealthcare is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran and other protected categories.