Signature Healthcare Medical Partners
Signature Healthcare Medical Partners
Elizabethtown, KY, US, 42701
Join our SHC Medical Partners Team in a Psychiatric Nurse Practitioner role in the
Elizabethtown/Hodgenville/Radcliff (I-65) areas of Kentucky!
SHC Medical Partners with its vision to “Create the World’s Best Geriatric Team” has invested in a unique integrated care model, the Care Hub program. This model brings together passionate interprofessional team members to design evidence-based geriatric care programs. Our SHC Med Partners team seeks a highly motivated and passionate psychiatric nurse practitioner to be on a large team to provide integrated medical and psychiatric care for residents and patients.:
As part of the Care Hub program, the psychiatric NP will have the opportunity to participate in cutting-edge care models, ongoing learning and meaningful data for self-improvement and best possible clinical outcomes. As a key member of the Care Hub program, this team member will work with the Care Hub medical director, medical nurse practitioners, lead psychiatrist, social workers, and facility staff to provide much needed psychiatric services. The Care Hub program has been implemented in more than 25 markets across several states and has already change the game in professional education, meaningful outcomes, and evidence-based geriatric care.:
If you are motivated and seek an unprecedented opportunity to be part of a unique team, while receiving competitive salary and other benefits, please review this opportunity!#LI-DSG1::
Under the general supervision of the VP of Clinical Operations and Behavioral Health Consultant, provide continuous and comprehensive services necessary for the promotion of optimal mental health, prevention and treatment of psychiatric disorders and health maintenance. This includes the assessment, diagnosis and management of mental health problems and psychiatric disorders. The PNP works collaboratively with other onsite medical and mental health providers.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Customer Service: Provide exceptional customer service
* Consistently demonstrate a high level of Emotional Intelligence (EI), as well as utilize Predictive Index (PI) knowledge to improve working relationships.
* Maintain open communications with patients, families and/or responsible parties, facility staff and attending physicians.
* Maintain a customer-oriented approach to meeting patient needs in an expedient manner, involving others in the plan of care as appropriate.
* Maintain confidentiality and upholds highest level of professionalism.
* Communicate at all levels of organization and work well within a team environment in support of company objectives.
* Approaches others in a tactful manner; reacts well under pressure; treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position; accepts responsibility for own actions; follows through on commitments.
Quality Service: Practice medicine in alignment with evidence-based medical recommendations, regulatory requirements and formularies.
* Schedule follow-up visits, as needed, and aligned with Federal Guidelines.
* Collaborate with facility staff to identify patients’ proactive medical needs and help develop an appropriate plan of care.
* Confer with patients and their family and/or responsible parties regarding the patient’s status.
* Perform with attention to detail and accuracy.
* Perform work with minimal supervision, takes initiative and make independent decisions.
* Document care provided; meeting standards for physician collaboration review.
Medical Service: Perform services within Scope of Practice
* Perform procedures within the scope of expertise, protocols and available equipment.
* Work collaboratively with patients’ attending and consulting physicians or mental health providers, as needed to provide comprehensive mental health services to the patients.
* Conducts therapy, medication assessments, and crisis response to new and existing patients.
* Evaluate new patients upon admission to the facility as directed by facility staff and patient’s attending physician to determine a differential diagnosis and plan for intervention.
* Provide special assessments of residents awaiting discharge as appropriate to assist with diversion of inpatient treatment if possible.
* Provides consultation and health education to facility staff, caregivers and patients as it is relative to treatment and medication needs of the patients.
* Adhere to the after hour on-call agreement between SHC Medical Partners and facility, if applicable.
Business Service: Achieve daily minimum Patient Care Ratio (PCR) target
* Maintain an appointment calendar.
* Attain a minimum of 85% of daily time providing medical care.
* Provide excellent organizational skills that prioritize resident care as a priority.
Administrative Service: Perform required administrative duties in a timely and accurate manner.
* Obtain and submit to billing department complete financial information for residents upon initial encounter, if applicable.
* Documentation of patient visits are closed and in completed status within the 24 hours deadline.
* Accurately and appropriately code all psychiatric visits.
* Monitor and read email at least twice daily.
* Attend required conference calls, webinars, etc.
* Other special projects and duties, as assigned.
* Successful completion of an approved Nurse Practitioner program.
* Master’s degree in Nursing (MSN) and valid license to legally practice as a nurse practitioner in the state of current practice.
* Successful completion of an Adult Psychiatric Nurse Practitioner training program or other national certification with acceptable adult psychiatric experience.
* If NP, must be licensed as a Registered Nurse in good standing with current state license in state employed, if applicable.
* Must have a current/active CPR certification.
* Effective verbal and written English communication skills.
* Demonstrated intermediate to advanced skills in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook, Internet and Intranet navigations.
* Demonstrated skills in Electronic Medical Records.
* Ability to deal with new tasks without the benefit of written procedures.
* Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
* Approachable, flexible and adaptable to change.
* Ability to utilize tele-mental health services as adjunct to the current care model.
* Extensive knowledge of the etiology of serious mental illness, mental retardation or other qualified mental health disorders and their treatment by a variety of appropriate therapeutic interventions including psychopharmacology; nursing practice and medical evaluation; physical diseases and their treatment; community resources and networking techniques; and of psychiatric and medical emergency stabilization.
Join a company where you will feel Connected to your practice, able to Personalize your practice and be Empowered to develop your professional goals.
Signature HealthCARE is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran and other protected categories.
Signature HealthCARE is a family-based healthcare company that offers integrated services in 10 states across the continuum of care: skilled nursing, rehabilitation, assisted living, memory care, home health, cognitive care, and telemedicine.
A growing number of our centers are earning quality assurance accreditation and pioneering person – directed care. Many of our skilled nursing facilities have achieved a 4 or 5-star overall rating from the Centers for Medicare Medicaid Services. Additionally, we have been awarded as a certified Great Place to Work for three years in a row and Modern Healthcare’s “Best Places to Work!”