Signature Healthcare Home Office
Signature Healthcare Home Office
Nashville, TN, US,
* We are hiring a Regional HR Business Partner for our Tri-State market in Tennessee with a central location of Nashville (TN).
* The ideal candidate for this opportunity will have a bachelor’s degree in Human Resources with a minimum of (7) seven years HR management experience.
* The ability to travel weekly within the assigned State is a requirement for the role (look to be on the road 3-4 days with possible overnight stays).:
For additional information, please contact:
Hillary Bayens, SR Director of Talent Acquisition
Signature HealthCARE is a family-based healthcare company that offers integrated services in 8 states across the continuum of care: skilled nursing, rehabilitation, assisted living, memory care, cognitive care, and telemedicine.
Our Sacred Seven Values of Heroism, Compassion, Teamwork, Respect, Integrity, Patience and Positivity make this an incredible place to serve and make a difference in the lives of our patients, residents, Stakeholders and communities!
Signature HealthCARE strives to be pioneers in total rewards to ensure that we can attract the very best talent. We offer all of the expected health and wellness programs and many other perks and lifestyle benefits. Please inquire about the details so we can share what more is offered in your market.
A growing number of SHC centers are earning Five-Star ratings from the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services. We were also named one of Modern Healthcare’s “Best Places to Work” three times! Our culture is unparalleled and founded on three pillars: Learning, Spirituality, and Innovation. Recently, we achieved number #3 ranking under Large Companies for Best Workplaces for Aging Services in recent news!
How you will make a difference:
• Serve as onsite Human Resource partner in a select region.
• Responsible for analyzing HR business issues and trends; collaborate with the Regional Director of Talent Acquisition and Operations to provide solutions-orientated recommendations, programming and best practices.
• Evaluates staff retention and turnover trends; partners with facility leadership to diagnose underlying reasons for turnover and proposes creative solutions.
• Conducts in-depth culture analysis at the direction of operations; provides recommendations and follow up.
• Works closely with operations team, facility management and stakeholders to improve work relationships, build morale, and increase retention; coaches facilities through implementation of engagement action plans.
• Identify and participate in process improvement initiatives that improve the customer experience, enhance workflow, and/or improve the work environment.
• Provide support in functional areas including talent management, recruiting, hiring, stakeholder engagement and experience, and training and development.
• Supports strategic regional recruiting initiatives, helping to identify vital applicant pipelines, building relationships with applicant referral sources, and providing support for onsite recruiting efforts (i.e. job fairs).
• Reviews candidate selection and onboarding processes, to ensure hiring managers are employing fair and effective practices.
• Implement learning program that focus on skills such as leadership, performance management, interviewing, and change management.
• Identifies areas of growth needed in key leadership and partners with Leadership Development on development objectives and plans for individuals.
• Monitors facilities for compliance with established policies and practices, and ensures HR initiatives have been implemented.
• Support facility leadership with employee relations and related PIPs, suspensions, and terminations.
• Partners with the HR Advisory CareLine Team to identify high risk facilities; outlines action plans to address the high-risk HR and employment areas.
• Provide HR onboarding support to new facility leaders.
• Other special projects and duties, as assigned.
The qualifications you will need:
• Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources or related field or a combination of education and related experience may be acceptable.
• Minimum of seven (7) years HR management experience; healthcare experience preferred.
• PHR/SPHR or SHRM-CP/SHRM-SCP certification required or commitment to achieve within six (6) months from date of hire.
• Proven track record of success in a recent HR role to include positive results such as reduction in turnover, improved employee morale, effective training and risk management control.
• Effective verbal and written English communication skills.
• Superior training and presentation skills and ability to deliver for various audiences.
• Customer service oriented with the ability to work well under pressure.
• Highest level of professionalism with the ability to maintain confidentiality.
• Demonstrated intermediate to advanced skills in Microsoft Word, Excel, Power Point and Outlook, Internet, and Intranet navigation.
• Travel to facilities within a defined region, which may include air travel and overnight stays. Requires flexibility to manage constant deployment needs, up to 80% of time.
Signature Healthcare is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran and other protected categories.: