Signature HealthCARE of Ridgely Rehab and Wellness Center
Signature HealthCARE of Ridgely Rehab and Wellness Center
Ridgely, TN, US, 38080
Situated in a small picturesque community nestled between Reelfoot Lake and the Mississippi River, Signature HealthCARE of Ridgely Rehab & Wellness Center is a 100-bed skilled nursing and rehabilitation center conveniently located within a quarter mile of Highway 78. Two state-of-the-art hospitals are only a few short miles from the facility. Signature HealthCARE of Ridgely Rehab & Wellness Center provides a safe, secure environment for those in need of medical care, and we also specialize in customized dementia and behavioral care for cognitively impaired residents. Services are provided to individuals requiring assistance with activities of daily living, to those who are basically independent but have physician-ordered medical needs, and to those who require total assistance with all of their daily needs. A welcoming environment that is beautifully appointed and well maintained provides a nurturing setting for a holistic approach to medical care.
Signature HealthCARE is a family-based healthcare company that offers integrated services in 10 states across the continuum of care: skilled nursing, rehabilitation, assisted living, memory care, home health, cognitive care, and telemedicine.
A growing number of our centers are earning quality assurance accreditation and pioneering person – directed care. Many of our skilled nursing facilities have achieved a 4 or 5-star overall rating from the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services. Additionally, we have been awarded as a certified Great Place to Work for three years in a row and Modern Healthcare’s “Best Places to Work!”
How you will spend your time:
* Meet the physical and sensory requirements stated below and be able to work in the described environment.
* Identify and participate in process improvement initiatives that improve the customer experience, enhance work flow, and/or improve the work environment.
* Direct or assist residents in transfer and ambulation techniques and with range of motion and exercise activities; and the use of walkers or other assistive devices.
* Coordinate self-help training.
* Coordinate and/or assist with other restorative functions.
* Evaluate progress and document daily.
* Participate in resident care plans, as needed.
* Assist residents with activities of daily living including bathing, dressing, grooming, toileting, changing of bed linens, and positioning in and out of bed, chair, etc.
* Utilize restorative techniques to promote resident independence and highest functional level.
* Record progress in the restorative record.
* Read and follow daily care plans; report changes in resident condition to Nurse in charge; document care provision on resident record/flow sheets as required and report accidents and incidents.
* Provide nursing functions, as directed by supervisor.
* Monitor restorative equipment for quantity, quality, and cleanliness.
* Attend in-service education programs in order to meet facility educational requirements.
* Ambulate and transfer residents, utilizing appropriate assistive devices and body mechanics.
* Record resident vital signs, weights and measurements, intake and output, food consumption, and other information, as assigned.
* Observe residents carefully and report changes in condition to Charge Nurse.
* Recognize a resident’s ability to make choices and support these within the constraints of the care giving environment.
* Participate in collecting data needed for the accurate completion of the MDS and the plan of care, as well as provide input to the nurses for development of the care plan.
* Provide adequate hydration to residents at regular intervals each day according to specific resident needs.
* Prepare residents for each meal and transport to dining room (unless a bed patient) making sure that food tray is accessible, self-help devices are available (if needed), and assistance is provided to those residents who cannot feed themselves.
* Maintain established housekeeping standards within assigned duty areas.
* Assist nursing staff with the basics of aseptic and sterile techniques to avoid infection of residents and self-contamination of equipment and supplies.
* Be alert for proper ventilation, temperature, light and noise control.
* Take TPR (temperature, pulse, rate), blood pressure, weighing of residents, etc., as directed.
* Promptly answer call lights and assist with other resident needs.
* Assist in the orientation and training of other staff, as requested.
* Other special projects and duties, as assigned.
The qualifications you will need:
* Current Nursing Assistant Certification from state.
* Minimum of six (6) months to one (1) year related experience; long-term care preferred.
* Current/active CPR certification, preferred.
* Received training in restorative nursing procedures.
* Effective verbal and written English communication skills.
* Demonstrated intermediate to advanced skills in Microsoft Word, Excel, Power Point and Outlook, Internet and Intranet navigation.
* Highest level of professionalism with the ability to maintain confidentiality.
* Ability to communicate at all levels of organization and work well within a team environment in support of company objectives.
* Customer service oriented with the ability to work well under pressure.
* Strong attention to detail and accuracy, excellent organizational skills with ability to prioritize, coordinate and simultaneously maintain multiple projects with high level of quality and productivity.
* Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
* Ability to work with minimal supervision, take initiative and make independent decisions.
* Ability to deal with new tasks without the benefit of written procedures.
* Approachable, flexible and adaptable to change.
* Function independently, and have flexibility, personal integrity, and the ability to work effectively with stakeholders and vendors.
SignatureHealthcare is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran and other protected categories.