Signature Healthcare Home Office
Signature Healthcare Home Office
Memphis, TN, US,
Signature HealthCARE is a family-based healthcare company that offers integrated services in 10 states across the continuum of care: skilled nursing, rehabilitation, assisted living, memory care, home health, cognitive care, and telemedicine.
A growing number of our centers are earning quality assurance accreditation and pioneering person – directed care. Many of our skilled nursing facilities have achieved a 4 or 5-star overall rating from the Centers for Medicare Medicaid Services. Additionally, we have been awarded as a certified Great Place to Work for three years in a row and Modern Healthcare’s “Best Places to Work!”
Signature HealthCARE has a vision to radically change the landscape of healthcare forever. It’s more than a corporation… it’s a Revolution. We are currently seeking Social Services Support Staff that will be based out of our Corporate Headquarters of Louisville, KY.
How you will make a difference
* Responsible for laying the foundation of Social Services, monitoring progress with the model, and providing support to current and future clients.
* Through Signature resources, assessment tools, and Interventions, evaluate the effectiveness of outcomes of patient care in collaboration with regional and facility staff within accepted standards of nursing/clinical practice.
* Responsible for the oversight and application of Social Services policies and procedures for the company
How you will spend your time
* Responsible for onboarding all new Social Service stakeholders.
* Lead and monitor social service stakeholder training including but not limited to discharge planning, psychotropic medication use, pycho-social assessments, care planning, notice of Medicare non-coverage (NOMNC), and advance beneficiary notice of non-coverage (ABN).
* Meet the physical and sensory requirements stated below and be able to work in the described environment.
* Identify and participate in process improvement initiatives that improve the customer experience, enhance workflow, and/or improve the work environment.
* Assist with coordination and implementation of programs and work closely with regional and facility staff for consistent application.
* Provide behavior health support and problem-solving assistance to facility staff in care planning, implementation, and evaluation of care.
* Train and monitor for appropriate Psychosocial, Behavioral, Cognitive and Mood documentation in the EHR and provide assistance with interpretation and/or explanation of results of testing with regional and facility staff members.
* Coordinate training for Psychotropic medication management, while ensuring consistent application and utilization of information resulting in optimal care for residents.
* Implement and evaluate behavioral health educational programs for nursing staff, MDs, and other healthcare providers as appropriate.
* Promote interdisciplinary and comprehensive reviews of select patients through collaborative efforts involving facility staff and medical extenders.
* Assist Social Services with the monitoring of Gated Community requirements and to ensure patient safety, proper application, and effective usage of this intervention.
* Conduct support visits to review consistent application, provide comprehensive resident reviews, and facility support.
* Provide regional and facility staff triage support of patients with Psychosocial and behavioral concerns for clients.
* Ensure that facilities are providing accurate completion of Social Services portion of the MDS, Resident Assessment Protocols, Resident Care Plan, and Progress Notes as well as Social Services Assessment, and other forms as required to comply with State and Federal regulations and facility policies and procedures.
* Train and educate Social Services Staff on assisting residents and families with social, emotional, and family issues, as necessary.
* Educate facilities in maintaining contact with the resident, legal representative, and other family members approved by the resident or legal representative, involving them in the resident’s total care and providing them with information on the resident’s status as requested or appropriate.
* Promote relationships with administration, medical staff, physicians, consultants, other departments, residents, family members, volunteers, agencies, and any other individual or group affiliated with each facility.
* Assist facilities with building relationship with mental health provider to ensure that all resident psychosocial needs are identified, referrals are made, and services are provided
* Assist regional and facility staff with development and follow-up of a plan of action to correct any identified regulatory issues for clients.
* Perform entrance and exit conference with CEO, DON, SSD and other key Interdisciplinary team members.
* Responsible for maintaining confidential materials and information are never disclosed or made accessible to unauthorized personnel.
* Develop, implement, and evaluate standards of care/practice guidelines/policies and procedures/care maps/protocols within Signature HealthCARE.
* Other special projects and duties, as assigned.
The qualifications you will need
* Graduated from accredited Social Work Program with bachelor’s in social work or higher or graduated from an accredited Nursing program.
* Certificate or licensure as RN, BSW, MSW, MSSW, LCSW, LMHC, Clinical Nurse Specialist, Licensed Psychologist or RN, preferred.
* Three (3) to Five (5) years’ experience in mental health and long-term care.
* Up to 75 % travel, including flying and/or driving.
* Must have a current/active CPR certification.
* Excellent assessment, listening and counseling skills.
* Ability to work with the ill, disabled, elderly, emotionally upset and at times hostile residents in the facility.
* Maintain a working knowledge of and confirm compliance with all governmental regulations.
* Effective verbal and written English communication skills.
* Demonstrated intermediate to advanced skills in Microsoft Word, Excel, Power Point and Outlook, Internet and Intranet navigation.
* Highest level of professionalism with the ability to maintain confidentiality.
* Ability to communicate at all levels of organization and work well within a team environment in support of company objectives.
* Customer service oriented with the ability to work well under pressure.
* Strong attention to detail and accuracy, excellent organizational skills with ability to prioritize, coordinate and simultaneously maintain multiple projects with high level of quality and productivity.
* Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
* Ability to work with minimal supervision, take initiative and make independent decisions.
* Ability to deal with new tasks without the benefit of written procedures.
* Approachable, flexible and adaptable to change.
* Function independently, and have flexibility, personal integrity, and the ability to work effectively with stakeholders and vendors.
Your work environment
* You’ll work mostly indoors on floors that are tiled or carpeted.
* You’ll be around other co-workers, residents, and their guests.
* You’ll have possible exposure to occasional slippery floors, chemicals, sharp objects, and hazardous materials and waste (including human), blood borne pathogens, and communicable diseases.
* You’ll be around possible high-stress medical and/or life-threatening situations.
* Physical and Sensory requirements
* This role requires moderate physical activity.
* Standing and/or walking for more than two (2) hours per day.
* Sitting for more than two (2) hours at a time.
* Requires writing and/or computer work with repetitive typing and concentrating on computer screen and/or documents for more than two (2) hours at a time.
* Travel, including flying and/or driving, for more than one (1) hour at a time.: