Signature HealthCARE of Norfolk
Signature HealthCARE of Norfolk
Norfolk, VA, US, 23507
Signature HealthCARE of Norfolk is a 169-bed facility that offers a wide array of services enabling our patients and patients to receive the medical care they need, the restorative therapy they require, and the support they and their families deserve. We serve many types of patient needs from short-term rehabilitation to traditional long-term care. Working with your physician, our staff including medical specialists, nurses, nutritionists, therapists, dietitians and social workers establishes a comprehensive treatment plan intended to restore you or your loved one to the fullest practicable potential. We know that choosing the right center for your healthcare needs can be overwhelming. We hope you find our website to be a valuable resource for you and your family in your decision-making process. We are here to assist you, so please call us anytime with questions.
Signature HealthCARE is a family-based healthcare company that offers integrated services in 10 states across the continuum of care: skilled nursing, rehabilitation, assisted living, memory care, home health, cognitive care, and telemedicine.
A growing number of our centers are earning quality assurance accreditation and pioneering person – directed care. Many of our skilled nursing facilities have achieved a 4 or 5-star overall rating from the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services. Additionally, we have been awarded as a certified Great Place to Work for three years in a row and Modern Healthcare’s “Best Places to Work!”
Signature HealthCARE has a vision to radically change the landscape of healthcare forever. It’s more than a corporation… it’s a Revolution. We are currently seeking an innovative and progressive leader to join the mission.
A growing number of Signature centers are earning Five-Star ratings from the Centers for Medicare Medicaid Services. We were also named one of Modern Healthcare’s “Best Places to Work” three times! Signature’s culture is unparalleled and founded on three pillars: Learning, Spirituality, and Innovation. Come see what the Revolution is all about!
As our Staff Development Coordinator (LPN), you will focus on developing and implementing job skills training and in-service education as required by regulations, and participate in employee health monitoring for the nursing department employees. You will also conduct competency skills reviews upon hire and annually for all nursing personnel. Additionally, you will develop and maintain the nursing department schedule in compliance with the staffing ladder criteria. The Staff Development Coordinator has a large role of the new hire orientation program and hiring/credentialing process.
How you will make a difference
• Develop and implement job skills training, in-service education as required by regulations and employee health
monitoring for the nursing department employees.
How you will spend your time
• Meet the physical and sensory requirements stated below and be able to work in the described environment.
• Identify and participate in process improvement initiatives that improve the customer experience, enhance
work flow, and/or improve the work environment.
• Work cooperatively with the Administrator, Human Resources and Director of Nursing in assessing educational
needs and plan programs to meet these needs and regulatory requirements.
• Develop/maintain the nursing department schedule in compliance with the staffing ladder criteria.
• Ensure all applicants meet certification and licensure criteria prior to offering employment and monitor all
current employees’ status regarding certification and licensure renewals.
• Obtain, develop and maintain files regarding all programs presented to facility employees.
• Maintain a current schedule of all students and outside instructors who may be in the facility doing clinical
• Ensure all employees complete hours of required training during the required time period.
• Assist Human Resources with the new hire Orientation program.
• Conduct competency skills review on hire and annually for all nursing personnel.
• Provide skill training to new staff in any deficient area noted above before allowing the nursing assistant to
perform the task with a resident.
• Implement all in-services addressing mandatory in-service topics.
• Evaluate in-services training to develop programs that enhance resident care skills.
• Regularly check the competency of C.N.A. skill performance, positive regard for residents, and developmental
needs of direct care staff. Provide one on one (1:1) instruction immediately, if necessary.
• Participate in hiring process as screener/interviewer for all nursing department personnel.
• Participate in QA meetings to identify training needs.
• Collaborate with all disciplines to develop/present educational programs, as needed.
• Participate in the performance reviews completed for nursing department personnel.
• Other special projects and duties, as assigned.
The qualifications you will need
• Licensed Practical/Vocational Nurse with required current state licensure.
• Minimum three (3) years of clinical experience in a health care setting; long-term care setting preferred.
• Must have a current/active CPR certification.
• Knowledgeable of nursing and medical practices and procedures, as well as laws, regulations, and guidelines
that pertain to long-term care.
• Effective verbal and written English communication skills.
• Demonstrated intermediate to advanced skills in Microsoft Word, Excel, Power Point and Outlook, Internet and
• Highest level of professionalism with the ability to maintain confidentiality.
• Ability to communicate at all levels of organization and work well within a team environment in support of
• Customer service oriented with the ability to work well under pressure.
• Strong attention to detail and accuracy, excellent organizational skills with ability to prioritize, coordinate and
simultaneously maintain multiple projects with high level of quality and productivity.
• Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
• Ability to work with minimal supervision, take initiative and make independent decisions.
• Ability to deal with new tasks without the benefit of written procedures.
• Approachable, flexible and adaptable to change.
• Function independently, and have flexibility, personal integrity, and the ability to work effectively with
stakeholders and vendors
SignatureHealthcare is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran and other protected categories.