Signature HealthCARE of Terre Haute
Signature HealthCARE of Terre Haute
Terre Haute, IN, US, 47804
Welcome to Signature HealthCARE of Terre Haute, a 176-bed facility. It is our mission as a family-based organization to revolutionize the long term care industry through a culture of patient centered healthcare services, personalized spirituality, and real quality of life initiatives. The vision, to radically change the landscape of healthcare, forever. Through education and empowerment we earn the trust of every patient, family member, and the community we serve.
How you will spend your time
• Identify and participate in process improvement initiatives that improve the customer experience, enhance work flow, and/or improve the work environment.
• Work cooperatively with the Administrator, Human Resources and Director of Nursing in assessing educational needs and plan programs to meet these needs and regulatory requirements.
• Monitor certification and licensure status and renewals.
• Administer TB and Hepatitis B vaccines, as requested.
• Obtain, develop and maintain files regarding all programs presented to facility employees.
• Maintain a current schedule of all students and outside instructors who may be in the facility doing clinical training.
• Ensure all employees complete hours of required training during the required time period.
• Assist Human Resources with the new hire On-Boarding program.
• Conduct competency skills review on hire and annually for all nursing personnel.
• Provide skill training to new staff in any deficient area noted above before allowing the nursing assistant to perform the task with a resident.
• Coordinate and track all in-services regarding mandatory topics.
• Evaluate in-services training to develop programs that enhance resident care skills.
• Regularly check the competency of C.N.A. skill performance, positive regard for residents, and developmental needs of direct care staff.
• Participate in hiring process as screener/interviewer for all nursing department personnel, as requested.
• Participate in QA meetings to identify training needs.
• Collaborate with all disciplines to develop/present educational programs, as needed.
• Other special projects and duties, as assigned.
The qualifications you will need
• Registered Nurse with required current state licensure.
• Minimum three (3) years of clinical experience in a health care setting; long-term care setting preferred.
• Must have a current/active CPR certification.
• Knowledgeable of nursing and medical practices and procedures, as well as laws, regulations, and guidelines that pertain to long-term care.
• Effective verbal and written English communication skills.
• Demonstrated intermediate to advanced skills in Microsoft Word, Excel, Power Point and Outlook, Internet and Intranet navigation.
• Highest level of professionalism with the ability to maintain confidentiality.
• Ability to communicate at all levels of organization and work well within a team environment in support of company objectives.
• Customer service oriented with the ability to work well under pressure.
• Strong attention to detail and accuracy, excellent organizational skills with ability to prioritize, coordinate and simultaneously maintain multiple projects with high level of quality and productivity.
• Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
• Ability to work with minimal supervision, take initiative and make independent decisions.
• Ability to deal with new tasks without the benefit of written procedures.
• Approachable, flexible and adaptable to change.
• Function independently, and have flexibility, personal integrity, and the ability to work effectively with stakeholders and vendors.
We offer an exceptional benefit package with coverage effective within the first 60-90 days of employment! Benefits include but are not limited to:
- Paid time off and major
medical plans available including spouse and family coverage, dental, and
for short and long-term disability, critical illness and injury, and life
insurance benefits (option to increase coverage amounts at your cost)
pay advance app available for Stakeholders utilizing direct deposit. Advance
yourself money from your earned wages into your checking account instantly, up
to $500 a month!
uniform credit available to purchase uniforms through our Stakeholder
self-service site. Variety of styles and brands available and includes
Signature Healthcare embroidery. Payroll deduction option for uniform purchase
for growth and development.
A growing number of our centers are earning quality assurance accreditation and pioneering person – directed care. Many of our skilled nursing facilities have achieved a 4 or 5-star overall rating from the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services. Additionally, we have been awarded as a certified Great Place to Work for three years in a row and Modern Healthcare’s “Best Places to Work!”
Signature Healthcare is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran and other protected categories.