Signature HealthCARE of Chillicothe
Signature HealthCARE of Chillicothe
Chillicothe, OH, US, 45601
Signature HealthCARE of Chillicothe is a 101-bed facility that offers a wide array of services enabling our patients and residents to receive the medical care they need, the restorative therapy they require, and the support they and their families deserve. We serve many types of patient and resident needs from short-term rehabilitation to traditional long-term care. Working with your physician, our staff, including medical specialists, nurses, nutritionists, therapists, dietitians and social workers, establishes a comprehensive treatment plan intended to restore you or your loved one to the fullest practicable potential. We know that choosing the right center for your healthcare needs can be overwhelming. We hope you find our website to be a valuable resource for you and your family in your decision-making process. We are here to assist you, so please call us anytime with questions.
How you will make a difference
* Transport residents to appointments and perform direct resident care duties under the supervision of licensed nursing personnel, as needed.
* Assist with promoting a compassionate physical and psychosocial environment for the residents.
How you will spend your time
* Meet the physical and sensory requirements stated below and be able to work in the described environment.
* Identify and participate in process improvement initiatives that improve the customer experience, enhance work flow, and/or improve the work environment.
* Confirm doctors’ appointments for residents.
* Assist in making arrangements, and in providing actual transportation, to appointments, community events and others, as needed.
* Notify family of arrangements in regard to appointments.
* Ensure that the following items are in the transport vehicle prior to the start of the trip:
* Proof of Insurance
* Vehicle Registration
* Accident Reporting Form
* Disposable Camera
* Pen/Pencil and Writing Tablet
* Fire Extinguisher
* Emergency Communication (cellular phone or radio).
* Monitor daily documentation and filing.
* Perform clerical tasks to include processing administrative transfer and discharges.
* Provide personal care (i.e., grooming, bathing, dressing, oral care, etc.) of residents daily and as needed.
* Change bed linen and maintain appropriate grooming supplies in resident room on a regular basis.
* Ambulate and transfer residents, utilizing appropriate assistive devices and body mechanics.
* Routinely turn and position residents, as necessary.
* Observe residents carefully and report changes in condition to Charge Nurse.
* Recognize a resident’s ability to make choices and support these within the constraints of the care giving environment.
* Participate in collecting data needed for the accurate completion of the MDS and the plan of care. Provide input to the nurses for development of the plan of care.
* Provide adequate hydration to residents at regular intervals each day according to specific resident needs.
* Prepare residents for each meal and transport to dining room (unless a bed patient) making sure that food tray is accessible, self-help devices are available (if needed), and assistance is provided to those residents who cannot feed themselves.
* Keep an accurate record of food intake and output, as directed.
* Maintain established housekeeping standards within assigned duty areas.
* Assist nursing staff with the basics of aseptic and sterile techniques to avoid infection of residents and self- contamination of equipment and supplies.
* Be alert for proper ventilation, temperature, light and noise control.
* Take TPR (temperature, pulse rate), blood pressure, weighing of residents, etc., as directed.
* Promptly answer call lights and other resident needs.
* Utilize proper body mechanics when lifting or transporting residents.
* Assist in the orientation and training of other staff, as requested.
* Other special projects and duties, as assigned.
The qualifications you will need
* Current Nursing Assistant Certification from state.
* Must have a current/active CPR certification.
* Valid State Driver’s License with no more than three (3) entries; counting accidents, moving violations, and failures to appear. All accidents are counted, regardless of fault. (Note: Convictions for DUI/DWI, refusal to test, reckless driving, hit and run or other felony convictions are unacceptable and disqualify the driver from driving on behalf of the facility regardless of the number of MVR entries.)
* Effective verbal and written English communication skills.
* Demonstrated intermediate to advanced skills in Microsoft Word, Excel, Power Point and Outlook, Internet and Intranet navigation.
* Highest level of professionalism with the ability to maintain confidentiality.
* Ability to communicate at all levels of organization and work well within a team environment in support of company objectives.
* Customer service oriented with the ability to work well under pressure.
* Strong attention to detail and accuracy, excellent organizational skills with ability to prioritize, coordinate and simultaneously maintain multiple projects with high level of quality and productivity.
* Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
* Ability to work with minimal supervision, take initiative and make independent decisions.
* Approachable, flexible and adaptable to change.
* Function independently, and have flexibility, personal integrity, and the ability to work effectively with stakeholders and vendors.