Silver Angels of Tennessee - Shelby, LLC
Silver Angels of Tennessee – Shelby, LLC
Brighton, TN, US, 38011
VETS SERVING VETS Program:
Veteran Home Care Aides to join our team!:
Our Veteran Home Care Aides provide basic in-home assistance such as light housekeeping, running errands, assisting with activities of daily living and transportation to clients who are Veterans!:
You can apply through the job posting or at our local office:
Silver Angels of Tennessee – Shelby, LLC
2900 Kirby Parkway Suite 6, Memphis, TN 38119
Silver Angels is a home care provider that is committed to providing an environment of wellness, healing, and independence for its clients.:
Silver Angels is a valued partner of Signature HealthCARE, which is a family-based healthcare company that offers integrated services in 10 states across the continuum of care: skilled nursing, rehabilitation, assisted living, memory care, home health, cognitive care, and telemedicine.:
How you will make a difference:
* Provide emotional support to military veterans, as well as in-home assistance with Activities of Daily Living, assistance with household cleaning and the maintenance of a safe home.
* Assist in the home with routine household chores. Provide a nutritious and well-balanced meal prepared at or delivered to the home.:
How you will spend your time:
* Meet the physical and sensory requirements stated below and be able to work in the described environment.
* Identify and participate in process improvement initiatives that improve the customer experience, enhance workflow, and/or improve the work environment.
* Provide emotional support, personal care and assistance with Activities of Daily Living (ADL) (i.e., grooming, bathing, feeding, toileting, oral care, nail care, dressing, etc.), as indicated by the treatment plan.
* Assist with homemaker services/routine household chores (i.e., dusting, sweeping/mopping floors, washing dishes, ironing, cleaning kitchen and bathrooms, providing laundry service, changing bed linen, etc.), as indicated.
* Plan, prepare, deliver meals, grocery shopping.
* Complete errands (i.e., getting a prescription filled, etc.).
* Provide companionship to clients.
* Follow assignment sheet for tasks.
* Ambulate and transfer clients, utilizing appropriate assistive devices and body mechanics.
* Provide Range of Motion, as indicated.
* Provide reminders to take medication and loosen the cap (do not give medications).
* Complete documentation (date and place service provided, times service provided, actual service provided, etc.).
* Observe clients carefully and report changes in condition.
* Recognize client’s ability to make choices and support these within the constraints of care giving environment.
* Assist with the maintenance of a safe environment.
* Provide respite care, on a short-term basis, when there is an absence of, or need for, relief for the caregiver.
* Attend trainings/in-services as required.
* Other special projects and duties, as assigned.
The qualifications you will need:
* Former military service member required.
* High school diploma or GED, preferred.
* Prior healthcare experience preferred, but not required.
* Receive at least twenty-four (24) hours of classroom instruction and at least sixteen (16) hours of practical hands on training and must pass a written exam as well as demonstrate the skills required, OR
* Maintain twelve (12) hours of in-service training each year spread across four (4) quarters in addition to normal supervisory guidance and training.
* If operating a personally owned vehicle to go from one client to another, you must have a valid State Driver’s License, a good driving record and current auto insurance that meets the state minimum.
* Effective verbal and written English communication skills.
* Highest level of professionalism with the ability to maintain confidentiality.
* Ability to communicate at all levels of organization and work well within a team environment in support of company objectives.
* Customer service oriented with the ability to work well under pressure.
* Strong attention to detail and accuracy, excellent organizational skills with ability to prioritize, coordinate and simultaneously maintain multiple projects with high level of quality and productivity.
* Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
* Ability to work with minimal supervision, take initiative and make independent decisions.
* Ability to deal with new tasks without the benefit of written procedures.
* Approachable, flexible and adaptable to change.
* Reliable transportation required.
* Function independently, and have flexibility, personal integrity, and the ability to work effectively with stakeholders and vendors.
Your work environment:
* You’ll work will be performed indoors on carpeted and/or tiled floors and outdoors on uneven surfaces and wet sidewalks.
* You’ll work will be in client’s home, in a facility/office or within the community.
* You’ll work mostly indoors on floors that are tiled or carpeted.
* You’ll be around other co-workers, residents and their guests.
* You’ll have possible exposure to occasional slippery floors, chemicals, sharp objects, and hazardous materials and waste (including human), blood borne pathogens, and communicable diseases.
* You’ll be around possible high-stress medical and/or life threatening situations.:
Physical and Sensory requirements:
* This role requires moderate physical activity.
* Requires heavy physical work; heavy lifting, pushing, or pulling required of objects up to fifty (50) or more pounds. Physical work is a primary part (more than 70%) of job.
* Push, pull, move, and/or lift a minimum of fifty (50) pounds to a minimum height of three (3) feet and be able to push, pull, move, and/or carry such weight a minimum distance of fifty (50) feet.
* Reach overhead and push, pull, move, and/or lower a minimum of twenty (20) pounds.
* Climbing on a stool or ladder to a maximum of eight (8) feet.
* Standing and/or walking for more than two (2) hours per day.
* Bending and/or stooping for more than one (1) hour at a time.
* Sitting for more than two (2) hours at a time.
* Requires writing and/or computer work with repetitive typing and concentrating on computer screen and/or documents for more than two (2) hours at a time.
If this sounds like the right fit for you, please call the office at or forward your resume through the job posting. You can apply in person at the office as well.
Please visit our website at silverangels.com (http://www.silverangels.com)
Signature HealthCARE is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran and other protected categories.: